Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Friends, Sushi and Banana Nut Muffins

So the past few weeks I haven't been doing much after work. My evening is usually working out and watching some Teen Mom 2 (PS I know you're totes jealous of my life. PPS Why is Chelsea so dumb?! I mean really!). I'm just so tired from work that I haven't felt like doing anything. Add to that the icy/nasty weather and I really don't want to do anything. Sound like a Debbie Downer? Well I probably am, but living in the dreary Midwest all winter long is almost painful. I don't care who you are, you know it's awful.

Anyways, I'm dropping the pity party. Last week I got to spend some time with good friends and that's a great way to break up a bleak winter.

I went to Sushi On the Rocks with my lovely Kappa sister, Victoria. I had never been there before and it was awesome -- plus on weekdays during happy hour they have a few half-off rolls! Can't go wrong with that. If you go, try the Playboy roll, they light it on fire so it has to be good right? It was so great catching up with her; we hadn't gotten together in forever and a life-catch up was very much needed.

On Thursday it was co-friend Jaime's 25th birthday. The other co-friends and I took her to a hibachi restaurant on the northside and then went rock climbing. I think we should have waited to eat five pounds of Japanese food before strapping on harnesses but lesson learned. I don't think I have laughed so hard as I did that night. Love these girls.


Also sometime during last week I made these muffins. They turned out pretty good and are fairly healthy -- I used flaxseed instead of eggs and used whole wheat flour. I found the recipe here.




Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment